Technical Session 1: Welcome
Moderator: Allen Cadden, (USA), Schnabel Engineering, Inc.
- Welcome - Allen Cadden, P.E., D.GE. (USA), Schnabel Engineering, Inc.; Jakub Sierant, MSc. Eng. (Poland), TITAN POLSKA Sp. Z o.o.
- Introduction of Lizzi Family - Fedele Lizzi
- Introduction of Lizzi Lecturer - Jim Bruce, P.Eng., (Canada), Geo-Foundations Contractors Inc.
- Lizzi Lecture: Micropile Life Cycle - Experiences in Mature Markets and Expectations for New Markets - Nadir Ansari, MESc, P.Eng. (Canada), Isherwood Associates
- Lizzi Scholarship Recipient Lecture: Assessment of Soil-Micropile Interface Parameters Using 3D Numerical Modeling - Maciej Szczygielski (Poland), AGH University of Science & Technology
Technical Session 2: Innovations
Moderator: Ernst Ischebeck, (Germany), Friedr. Ischebeck GMBH
- Design Parameters of Micropile in Permafrost Sandy Ground - Changho Choi, Research Fellow (Korea), Korea Institute of Construction Technology
- The Influence of Hole Surface Treatment and Confinement Level in the Behaviour of the Connection Between RC Footing and Micropile - Joao Veludo, Ph.D. (Portugal), Polythecnic Institute of Leiria
- Computer Modeling of Micropile Systems with Zsoil - Andrzej Truty, dr.hab. Inz., (Poland), Cracow University of Technology
- Current Design and Construction Practices for Micropile Supported Foundations of Electrical Transmission Structures in North America - Nickolas Salisbury and Steve Davidow, P.E., S.E., (USA), Crux Subsurface Inc.
Technical Session 3: Design and Load Testing #1
Moderator: Jouko Lehtonen, (Finland), Turku University of Applied Sciences
- Micropile Foundations for Vertical and Horizontal Loads - Design Examples and Load Test Results - Bjorn Ischebeck, Dipl.Ing (Germany), Friedr. Ischebeck GMBH
- Design of High-Capacity Micropiles for 2,900-ft Long Caracas-La Guaira Viaduct - Jesús Gómez, Ph.D., P.E., D.GE (USA), Schnabel Engineering, Inc.
- Micropile Lateral Load Testing in Charleston, South Carolina, USA - William Wright, P.E. (USA), Terracon Consultants, Inc.
- Micropile Performance and Durability after 15 Years Under Load - Walter Vanderpool, P.E. (USA), Terracon Consultants, Inc.
Technical Session 4: Case Histories #1
Moderator: Tom Armour, (USA), DBM Contractors, Inc.
- Hybrid Energy Micropiles in Underpinning Projects - Combination of Load Bearing Structures and Geothermal Energy Field - Rauli Lautkankare, Lecturer, MEng (Finland), Turku University of Applied Sciences
- Development on the Micropile for Applying to Artificial Ground Above Railway Site - Young-Eun Jang, Ph.D., Student (Korea), University of Science & Technology
- Design-Build-Test Process for High Capacity Micropiles: Construction Case Study on Dutchess Rail Trail Bridge Foundations, Poughkeepsie, NY - Dan Barron, E.I.T. (USA), Buffalo Drilling Company, Inc.
- Modernization of Historical Constructions for the Silesian Museum Construction - Natalia Maca, MSc.Eng. (Poland), TITAN POLSKA Sp. Z o.o.
- Slope Stabilization by Micropiles on Existing Roads in Northwestern Tunisia - Selma Khediri, Ph.D., (Tunisia), Hydrosol Foundations
- Regional Rail Link Melbourne Widening of Rail Bridge Flyover Structure - Tom George (Australia), Wagstaff Piling
- Preventing the Tilting of a Four Floor Residential Building with the Assistance of Micropiles Beneath the Foundation - Chavdar Kolev, Assoc. Prof., Ph.D. (Bulgaria), University of Transport
- Self-Drilling Hollow Bars: Ground Anchor, Tension Pile or Soil Nail? - Chris Irvin, Technical Director (UK), DYWIDAG-Systems International
- Use of Micropiles to Rehabilitate a High Rise Tower Foundations in Vancouver, B.C. - Matt Kokan, M.A.Sc., P.Eng. (Canada), GeoPacific Consultants, Ltd.
- The Use of Micropiles as a Form of Underpinning of Existing Commercial Buildings - Development of Ikea Hall in Gdansk - Marcin Blockus, Dr. inz. (Poland), Ingeo Sp. Zo.o.
Technical Session 5: World Cup Event
Moderator: Dan MacLean, (Canada), Con-Tech Systems Ltd.
- North American Region - Sunrise Powerlink Project - Nick Salisbury and Steve Davidow, P.E., S.E., (USA), Crux Subsurface Inc.
- South/Central America Region - Construction of a Venezuelan Viaduct - Jesús Gómez, Ph.D., P.E., D.GE (USA), Schnabel Engineering, Inc.
- European Region - Silesian Museum - Natalia Maca, MSc.Eng. and Jakub Sierant, (Poland), TITAN POLSKA Sp. Z o.o.
- Oceania/Asian Region - Life Extension of Existing High Voltage Transmission Tower Foundations using Micropiles - Robert Bollman (Australia), Piling & Civil Australia
Technical Session 6: Slope Stabilization / Excavation Support
Moderator: Andreas Brandner, (Austria), IB-Brandner
- Double Nickel Micropile Landslide Stabilization - Tom Armour, P.E., D.GE. (USA), DBM Contractors, Inc.
- Students' Visions on Micropile Wall Applications: How to Construct a Large Diameter Pile or an Underpass - Jouko Lehtonen, D.Sc. Tech (Finland), Turku University of Applied Sciences
- Micropile Wall Supporting a Complex Environmental Excavation - Mark Spence, P.Eng. (Canada), Isherwood Associates
Technical Session 7: Design and Load Testing #2
Moderator: Jim Bruce, (Canada), Geo-Foundations Contractors, Inc.
- Combined Effects of Embedded Angle and Pile Spacing on Load Responses of Micropiles in Sands - Doohyun Kyung, Ph.D. Candidate (Korea), Yonsei University
- Micropile Wall - An Option to Develop Energy Barriers - Jouko Lehtonen, D.Sc. Tech (Finland) Turku University of Applied Sciences
- Experimental Study for Load Transfer Characteristics of Reinforcing Pile - Seonghun Cho, Graduate Student (Korea), University of Science & Technology
- New Micropile Database for World Wide Use - Jussi Hattara, Beng. (Finland)
- The Use of Micropiles as Part of a Challenging Development on a Steep Hill-side Site in Salcombe, Devon, UK - Mike Turner, MSc. Eng., CEng. (UK), Applied Geotechnical Engineering
- Recent Examples of Micropiling in the United Kingdom - Paul Woodfield, BSC, (Hons), CEng., (UK), Technik Ground Solutions
- Application of Micropiles to the Stabilization of a Deflected Old Tenement House - Krzysztof Sternik, Ph.D., (Poland), Silesian University of Technology
Technical Session 8: Foundation Support
Moderator: Allan Herse, (Australia), Piling & Civil Australia
- Micropile Underpinning and Seismic Foundation Retrofit, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Memphis TN - John Wolosick, P.E., D.GE. (USA), Hayward Baker Inc.
- Micropile Foundations for Suspension Bridge in High Alpine - Andreas Brandner, Dipl.-Ing. (Austria), IB-Brandner
- High Capacity Micropiles in Weak Dolomitic Limestone for Crane Foundation Support - A Case History in Temporary Foundations - Terry Holman, Ph.D., P.E. (USA), Geosyntec Consultants
- Foundation on Micropiles of SCR - Installation at Siekierki Power Plant in Warsaw - Przemyslaw Wojtowicz (Poland), Keller Polska
Technical Session 9: Case Histories #2
Moderator: Mike Turner, (UK), Applied Geotechnical Engineering
- A Case 2 Micropile Network Employed at a Rapid Excavation Railway Project - Jim Bruce, P.Eng. (Canada), Geo-Foundations Contractors, Inc.
- Application of Micropiles for Uplift Control and Foundation of Large Access Ramps of an Underwater Road Tunnel in Gdansk - Oskar Mitrosz, M.Sc.Eng. (Poland), Keller Polska
- Development of a Design, Installation and Testing Feedback Model for Micropiles in Projects without Extensive Geotechnical Information - Allan Herse, CPEng (Australia), Piling & Civil Australia
- Micropile Foundation of a Large Bridge Structure on Weak Ground - Jakub Sierant, MSc. Eng. (Poland), TITAN POLSKA Sp. Z o.o.